Monday, July 6, 2009

We had a long fun day on the 4th. We got up a 5:30 a.m. so I could run in the 4th anual Firecracker 5K fun run. I ran the 3.2 miles in 24 minutes and about 40 seconds. Which is the best time I have ran since I was in high school, and about a minute and a half faster then the last race I ran. I was pretty happy about that. We came home from the race and lounged around the house for a while, and then we set up our little kid pool our back. Riley loves the water! He cried when it was time to come in side. Then we loaded up our bike and road them to Nicolas' Grandparents house for a BBQ. We road our bikes over because we left from there house a road our bikes to the river to watch the fireworks. We have road our bikes the last three years because when it comes time to leave it is a whole lot faster then driving. Plus it is kind of fun. Riley loved the fireworks and he even fell asleep halfway though. We were glad that he did so well. We were not sure how he would react to the load noises. We got home around 11:15 and got everything put away and finaly got to sleep at 12:00! 18 hours after we got up that mourning!



Grandpa Eric got the cool glowing sword for Riley! He had a blast!





















At the River we took a walk before the fireworks.
























Nicolas and I waiting for the Fireworks. Nicolas' family is really big on the firework show and every year they get as close as posible. We were almost right under them by the road were they light them off.






















Riley loved the little American flag and the only time he let it go was when grandpa bought him the glowing sword!




















While at Great Grandma and Grandpa's house Riley "picked" me a flower, and brought it to me. Normally Riley will just smell the flowers but he must have really like the marigold.


















Riley was actully pulling the trigger.

You can't really see but in the bottem picture Riley is holding a firecracker.























After the race they had some oranges and donuts for us to eat. Riley loves oranges but they give him bad diaper rash so I do not give them to him much. But it was just to cute the way he was eating it I could not resist.






















My dad and I after the race.















At the finish line!

4 comments:

Deanna said...

Look at you guys!!! And that time at the race...PHEW!!! That's AWESOME!!! You've inspired me...I started running last week...today is day three...we'll see how long I can hold out (actually I can't wait for it to cool down and go tonight!).

Jen said...

Congrats!! Super cute pictures. I love that you guys ride your bikes to the river. It took us an hour and a half to get home!!

Tyson and Rachelle said...

Looks like you guys had a nice holiday!! Wish we could have been there!

Dawnyel said...

What a fun day. And WOW on the race....I'm impressed!! :) WTG!!