Last week we took a new family photo. I decided I wanted to save money so I asked my dad if he would help take some pictures of us and Riley. (He has a fancy pants camera and is a pretty good photographer.) Anyway last weekend the weather pretty much was horrible! We went to Freeman Park on Friday Night to play disk golf, and wait for my dad to show up, and maybe take a few pictures with our camera. We were only there for about a half hour when all of the sudden a storm rolled in. This was one of the worst storms I have ever seen in my life. (Maybe because I was out in the middle of a park with my one year old screaming because he is getting hit by hail.) We were only about a quarter of a mile away from our car and when we saw the storm coming we started to jog back to our car. About half way back to the car it started to rain, then not even ten seconds later the wind picked up, and then about ten seconds after that it began to hail!! I have never seen a storm move so fast. Once we got to the car Riley was crying and we had lost my favorite lime green disk and a pair of Nicolas' favorite sunglasses, at least we got a few good pictures of Riley. Anyway the rest of the weekend was rainy and overcast so we did not get to go back and finish getting our pictures till Monday night. Thankfully Monday night was very nice and we got a few good pictures.


4 comments:
Your pictures turned out so nice. I'm glad that the weather finally cooperated long enough for you to get them done. How are you guys doing???
Those are so cute!! :)
Yeah, a baby in hail is no fun. (You should read MY storm post from last week....) So did you go back to see if you could find your lost stuff?!
Ahh! I didn't know you had a blog! Your little boy is so big! Love all the family pictures. What a cute little family!
DARLING pictures!!! we've been caught in a storm at Freeman, too...the only one last year...it's no fun when your car is that far away and there is NO shelter! Man, Glad you got out of that pelting hail!!!
Post a Comment